Since June 2011, the following Regional Health Development Centers have been designated:
1. RHDC on Communicable Disease in Tirana, Albania
2. RHDC on Antibiotic Resistance in Sofia, Bulgaria
3. RHDC for Mental Health in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
4. RHDC on Human Organ and Transplant Medicine in Zagreb, Croatia
5. RHDC on Human Resources in Health Development in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
6. RHDC on Public Health Services, Skopje, Macedonia
7. RHDC on Blood Safety in Oradea, Romania
8. RHDC on Accreditation and Continuous Quality Improvement on Health Care in Belgrade, Serbia
You can read or download the SEEHN Decision on establishing the RHDCs by clicking here:
The following information displays summaries on the Centers' objectives and where available their annual workplans.
RHDC on Mental Health - Sarajevo
You can read or download theworkplan for 2011 here.
Mr. Attila Cseke, the Romanian Minister of Health, officially inaugurated on 7th of January 2011, in Oradea, the Regional Health Development Centre for Blood Safety (RHDC-BS) having the mission to act as strategic and methodological structure in blood transfusion safety.
“We opened today the Regional Health Development Centre for Blood Safety, an unique Centre in Romania, part of South-East European Network for Health. The existence of the RHDC-BS shows that the international prestige can be won due to committed medical professionals. The Centre will represent a reference point, being in permanent contact with The Macedonian Presidency and the Executive Committee of the SEEHN and other specialized centres both in the South-Eastern Europe and throughout the European Union” said Mr. Attila Cseke, Romanian Minister of Health.
The first international activity of the newly established center is scheduled to be held in May 2011 when representatives of countries members of the Health Network will participate to a specialized course in blood transfusion for emergencies and catastrophes, with financial and technical support of prestigious international bodies, in the field.